Saturday, January 22, 2011

Random Stuff on a Saturday

This is what it looked like in the backyard yesterday morning. I would say that we got around 3" of snow the night before. The kids were out of school again, so they are extending further and further into the month of June. They love to be out of school, until the spring hits and all they do is complain about the extra days they have to go.


I'll have to write a blog soon detailing the great pond project in the back yard. Hopefully this spring, I'll be able to get out and finish the rest of the detailing around the pond.

I also wanted to show some love to my one and only follower, Shelby. I really enjoy reading her blog, Falling Face Up. I love real people who can laugh at themselves and she's pretty funny too. But, I'm pretty sure she's not laughing about KUs loss today to Texas.

I also enjoy the insights of Ryan, straight out of the Bronx with WAXED RED THREADS. Sports, his lady and dog, and his job at the college (I think that's where he works, sometimes it's a bit hard to tell).

There's kind a theme here, but I mostly enjoy blogs that make me laugh. If someone is writing a book, I'm not going to read it. I don't read books now and whenever I read news stories, if they get to lengthy, I'm out! Another funny to the point blog is Simple Dude in a Complex World.

Well that's all the randomnous for today. Kentucky is playing South Carolina and desperately needs to win this game. Go Cats!

4 comments:

  1. Aww -- thanks for the shout out. I feel special *smiles*.

    I was not laughing at the KU loss. That was heart breaking :( I am all for losing before going into the tournament - but not at home! *sigh* They had an AMAZING run though and at least they didn't lose to a team like...say...Northern Iowa at home ;) Texas played very well. That kid was on fire with his 3's!

    Anyway, I love that pond picture...very awesome. However, I am happy to say that it has been 70's and beautiful here in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is VERY interesting they let you walk out like that. That is what I was expecting if it was just ACL - however, for repair (and this is what my physical therapist even said) it is so delicate that it could rip if I put weight on it so I had to give it a whole month of non weight bearing. Are you sure you had a repair or was it just scoping? Anyway, it was the repair that has made my recovery so long because 1 month non weight bearing means all muscle in my right leg was shot to heck...and since I hurt myself back in 2005, I got way out of shape so a lot of this recovery is getting muscle strength back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - I was hoping no one would notice! I ran out of spinach so the "salad" DID turn into "nachos". Just as good if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So - I've already left THREE comments on this blog post..this will be the fourth. I just wanted to say I hope you have a great day today :)

    ReplyDelete