Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why is it so hard to get up in the winter?

When is it going to be spring? Getting up and going on early winter mornings sucks! You would think it would be just like any other morning in any other season, but for some reason it isn't. My wife would disagree, but it's not like the house is cold and I need to stay under the covers for fear of frost bite. The worst is when I know I need to get going, but I just lay there dreading the inevitable. Maybe it's the knowing that it's cold outside and lets face it, who really likes to sit down in a cold car seat to go to work.

Maybe it's because it is still dark outside even though we are slowly gaining daylight back each day. Maybe it's the sinking feeling that I'm going to get up in the dark, go to work during the best parts of the day and come home....in the dark! After all, who really likes the dark, besides evil doers and well, Batman? OK, I like it when I want to sleep or watch a good movie, but other than that I really prefer for it to be light.

This has been a long winter and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of letting up. We are only half way through January and have our worst month still to come, February! For now, I'll just have to keep telling myself that it will be over eventually, the snow will melt and signs of life will return to the snowy bluegrass that I call home.

1 comment:

  1. You have pin pointed the exact reasons I left the midwest! I could not take it anymore.

    Good luck good sir.

    ReplyDelete