Saturday, February 5, 2011

Not Enough Time

Have you ever felt like you are falling farther and farther behind? It's a hallowing feeling if you have a lot of responsibility and aren't just sure how to make it all happen. Unfortunately, when this is the case, you tend to have to give up all the things that you really love. Well one of the things that I really enjoy (I don't know if I'm in love yet) is writing entries in this blog. I think it has something, for me, to do with being able to just put thoughts down on the screen. Recently I haven't had the time to write to many entries.

So, I thought I would write a little bit about what happens to my time. It is possible to get your hands into to many different pies! I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I work for Lexmark International as a Senior Hardware Engineer. I've spent most of my career, until the last couple of years, designing and manufacturing mono and color laser cartridges for a wide range of laser printers. My current group is responsible for Paper Path and basically designs and understands the life of a sheet of media as it meanders through the printer...and what a life it has!


Engineers are dorks!

Engineering programs go through cycles like a lot of things. There are times when I'm so busy, it's tough to fit everything in. Then there are times when you can hear the tumbleweed blowing through the halls. Typically this is when I try to catch up on everything else that has fallen terribly behind. Right now is one of those really, really busy times and getting all of our testing done is difficult.

Also, with my job I've had the opportunity to travel in China. One time I tallied up the total amount of time spent there and it was almost 8 months of my career over about 12+ trips. Most of the places that we manufacture aren't the nice touristy areas...it's the real China as I like to call it. Sometime I will have to write about some of my interesting experiences there.


I love playing basketball at the factory

I'm also heavily involved with the young men's program of the church, as well as the Boy Scouts of America. It's kind of nice to be involved in things that you really enjoy and it's all possible if you have children also involved in those things. My wife and I have four children, and three are boys that are spaced just perfectly for me to stay involved for some time. I also coach select soccer on and off as I have time which isn't to often.

I guess this has just basically turned into a bitch session about how little time that I have to do the little things, like things around the house. I wouldn't have it any other way though. All in all, I like it busy! It doesn't give me to much time to think, which could be a dangerous thing. Ahhhhhhhh.....I feel so much better! Thank you blog.

1 comment:

  1. :-) Join the club. I could spend this comment telling you about my job, my volunteer activities, my studying for the CPA exam, my trying to rehab after surgery, trying to spend time with Jasper (my pup) - etc. But...oh I did already tell you in this comment. Oh well.

    I WANT to blog - but by the time I plop open the computer at night I just feel so tired. I WANT to catch up and read everyone else's entries..but man it is starting to get tough. I'm glad I read yours though :) I can't wait to hear more of your stories about China!

    ReplyDelete